Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding some info about what active safety features are in the 2018 and 2019 SEL Elantra. For sure I know that both model years have blind spot monitoring.

Does the 2018 and 2019 include collision prevention (feature where you are alerted when you are about to rear end a car or hit a pedestrian and applies the breaks for you to decrease the impact) and lane assist (feature where your wheel adjusts when you get out of the lane)?

Trying to decide whether to buy the 2018 or 2019 SEL but the 2019 SEL is $1.7k more. The only reason I may pay more for the newer model is if it has more safety features. If the 2018 has at least the collision prevention feature, I think I'll just go with that.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you wanted automatic braking in the 2017, had to purchase the Limited with the convenience package and the tech package on top of that.

Just go to your dealer and learn what features your desired vehicle has.

Ha, one reason I was driving Cadillacs and Buicks for years, had safety features the lower models didn't even dream of having.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Miles on each?
The 2018 is a CPO with 40k miles. So it has 20k miles of bumper to bumper warranty left and 60k miles of power train left. Costs $13.3k OTD. It was a former rental.

I can get the 2019 from two places. First is CPO from Hyundai dealership. Also 40k miles.It was a former rental. $15k OTD.

Second place I can get a 2019 is directly from Hertz. Also $15k OTD. Not a CPO but has more bumper to bumper left compared to buying the cars from Hyundai but I think powertrain gets reduced to 5years/60k since I am not buying from a Hyundai dealership.Hert has options with 18-26k miles.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm having trouble finding some info about what active safety features are in the 2018 and 2019 SEL Elantra. For sure I know that both model years have blind spot monitoring.

Does the 2018 and 2019 include collision prevention (feature where you are alerted when you are about to rear end a car or hit a pedestrian and applies the breaks for you to decrease the impact) and lane assist (feature where your wheel adjusts when you get out of the lane)?
I'm pretty sure Hyundai introduced Forward Collison Warning / Automatic Emergency Braking ( FCW/AEB ) as standard equipment across the Elantra line in 2019. I would check with the dealer about the 2018 SEL though to make sure.

From everything I've read the feature is well worth having. When I bought my 2017 Elantra SE "FCW/AEB" was only available on the Limited. I regret not spending the extra money at the time to get it. Let us know how it goes.

Correction: Note that what Hyundai calls "Forward Collision Avoidance Assist" became standard on the Elantra in 2020 not 2019.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
244 Posts
It wasn't standard equipment across the line on 2019 Elantra. I have a 2019 Elantra SE it has neither Forward Collision Warning or Automatic Emergency Braking. It's not even an option on the SE.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't standard equipment across the line on 2019 Elantra. I have a 2019 Elantra SE it has neither Forward Collision Warning or Automatic Emergency Braking. It's not even an option on the SE.
think tis standard starting on the SEL.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
The 2018 is a CPO with 40k miles. So it has 20k miles of bumper to bumper warranty left and 60k miles of power train left. Costs $13.3k OTD. It was a former rental.

I can get the 2019 from two places. First is CPO from Hyundai dealership. Also 40k miles.It was a former rental. $15k OTD.

Second place I can get a 2019 is directly from Hertz. Also $15k OTD. Not a CPO but has more bumper to bumper left compared to buying the cars from Hyundai but I think powertrain gets reduced to 5years/60k since I am not buying from a Hyundai dealership.Hert has options with 18-26k miles.
I don't know if I would buy from Hertz! Didn't they go belly-up?

·
Registered
346 Posts
OK, my mistake. What Hyundai calls "Foward Collison Avoidance Assist" comes standard on the Elantra 2020 line. See here:

·
Registered
3 Posts

Trying to decide whether to buy the 2018 or 2019 SEL but the 2019 SEL is $1.7k more. The only reason I may pay more for the newer model is if it has more safety features. If the 2018 has at least the collision prevention feature, I think I'll just go with that.
If you have the VIN numbers of the vehicles you're looking at, I'd be happy to pull window stickers for both cars for you. Feel free to send a PM :)

I know for a fact the 2018 SEL does not come with lane keep assist, while the 2019s do. However, I do not believe either come with forward collision alert on the SEL trims.

Also another point, if you're worried about the warranty, I would definitely go with the CPO vehicle. You can't beat that 10 yr/100k powertrain warranty and roadside assistance. If you buy a non-CPO Hyundai, you lose the 100k powertrain warranty--it reverts to 5 yr/60k.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Professional career dealt with many airline flights and rented cars. Many pounded the living daylights out of these things, several I have rented never had the oil changed, black like tar.

In general, would stay far far away from rented cars. Never ever was stalled in my own vehicles, keep those up, but many times in rentals. Before cell phones, had to walk in the rain with a suit on to find the nearest home and beg them to use their phone.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra
85 Posts
My 2018 SEL did not come with lane assist or whatever but I found the harness that connects to it inside the front bumper all wrapped up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts