Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
nothing to worry about although you might want to buy better Quality brake rotors next time to try and avoid the Rusty look. look at coated brake rotors you pay more but they also don't rust as bad as using cheap ones.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Really, a year old hey? they don't look nearly as bad as the rotors I once changed on my daughter's Mazda 3 they were really Rusty horrible and stuck on ended up having to use heat penetrating lube and a metal mallet to hit them off really hard. when rotors rust on the hub it can be really stuck on and make it difficult to get them off. then after getting old rotors off on the drivers side someone before here that owned the vehicle that got the brakes done somewhere down the road.

well they broke off the little bIeeder screw and never bothered fixing it didn't leak but the only way I could bleed it now was by loosening the big nut a little that's attached on the brake line thats bolted to the caliper & let it gravity drain a little and tighten it up it worked though. anyway that's my story of dealing with Rusty rotors it pays to get the coated ones that are more resistant to rusting and easier at replacing when You have to do a brake job.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,752 Posts
It is normal, all rotors rust.
It also depends on how long the wet car has been parked inside.

·
Registered
325 Posts
same here with snapped off bleeder screw on my Elantra front side ended up being Seized on I did not no at the time until I turned and turned wrench some more until the head part shredit off ! I will try that fluid feed line at the bottom caliper thanks!

they broke off the little bIeeder screw and never bothered fixing it didn't leak but the only way I could bleed it now was by loosening the big nut a little that's attached on the brake line thats bolted to the caliper & let it gravity drain a little and tighten it up it worked though.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5T
588 Posts
First car? Or the first time you paid attention? The rotors, especially on areas where the pads do not make contact, will rust and it’s completely normal. If you live in an area where snow on the road is treated with salt or brine the process will be accelerated. The area where the pads make contact with the rotor will also oxidize but using the brakes wipes away the oxidation. You might even hear this in the morning the first couple of times you apply the brakes. This is also normal.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Brembo have a good coating .

But you will still end up with a few rusty unswept bands so I key up and bullet proof for rust with black Hammerite smooth spray paint weeks before fitting .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.