Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kinda got buried in another thread I had about the seat tearing.. anyway..

Had to wait for the Service Manager at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle to return from the long weekend.. went in this morning to see what he would do about rust on the rear hatch just under the rear glass... he wanders out to the SF where I'm waiting, doesn't even have a good morning or how are ya? for me.. looks at the hatch, sticks a pen in the rust and walks away..

The service rep.. nice guy.. came out and took a pic of the rust and the VIN... said it's all going to be repaired under warranty and the entire hatch will be re-clear coated after the repair and paint job. Goes in next week when they have a loaner available for 3 days or so...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Don67 @ Jul 5 2010, 03:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339008
Was it just bubbled paint, or actually blistered/flaking rust? Can you post a picture?
You can see the paint bubbling and rust surrounding the bubble as well as rust under the paint in the bubble.. I'll try and get a photo for ya.. it's in an awkward spot.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Glad you caught it. I've had good luck getting hatch and door rust issues covered under warranty with various vehicles over the years. I've even got a Ford dealership to cover over half the cost on a Windstar that was just out of "rust" warranty @ 3.5yrs old / 34Kmi. (under doors and hatch was bubbling/rusting) Cost me like $250.

Joel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts