1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Ronnie Waugh, I purchased the Accent car two years back and it is now
starting rusting very badly. The rust is under the hood on all bolts and
all over under the car.
i feel that i had done a big mistake by purchasing this car.
Does anybody else had the rusting problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
strange!!! I also have a this car and it is perfect...I think then you should contact car designer or junkyard.... :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry for laugh but this is really strange and cant help it HIHIHI

·
Registered
9 Posts
You haven't told us the model year or mileage or history of the car. If it is still under warranty, take it to a dealer. take photos and document your issues with Hyundai

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to say I haven't noticed any rust at all on my 3yo Hyundai... the odd rusty bolt in the engine bay is nothing and many cars are the same. The car isn't going to fall to bits just because the brackets holding the battery in place have surface rust on them!!! :)

I've also looked carefully at 10 year old Accents where I live (North East England, notorious for cold wet weather and we put salt on the roads in the winter, always a killer). None of them seem to have significant rust problems -- indeed most seem rust free. The main problem with them seems to be that the trim falls off, and the paint on the plastic bumpers peels. But these are to be expected on an old, cheap car, and mechanically they still seem to be going very well in most instances (much better than most Fords it has to be said).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Ronnie@Jul 13 2004, 03:41 AM
I am Ronnie Waugh, I purchased the Accent car two years back and it is now
  starting rusting very badly. The rust is under the hood on all bolts and
  all over under the car.
  i feel that i had done a big mistake by purchasing this car.
  Does anybody else had the rusting problem?
[snapback]62[/snapback]​

i bought a 98 accent used just a couple of months ago, and its really rusty under the hood. sounds similar to what you described. maybe there is something about accents that make them rust alot?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
DO YOURSELF THE FAVOUR AND LOOK AT OTHER MAKES (oops) of the same year, and compare.
we are also using salt in the winter (like we own the salt mine) here in toronto, and for that reason I take the car through the car-wash (with under body spray) at least twice a month in the winter.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ronnie, did you purchase the car brand new??
If so, did they give you the "Rust Proofing" option??

And also, all the ordinaries km's, year model etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there,

I am a 2000 2-dr Accent owner and have pretty much the same problems with rust. I got the car about half a year ago and rust really starts to show too much - for now, on the underside of the front hood, doors, parts of the engine and underside of the car. Of course, proper maintenance is essential to fight the rust, and I don't think rust is the reason that I should give up on my Accent. So, man, give a few bucks for regular carwash, buy some WD-40 and dont worry! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have terrible rust all under the bonnet - every piece of bare metal, be it a screw, bolt, etc - has badly rusted.

i have noticed on the face lift 03 accent - the bolts, clips, etc have a black plastic coating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts