Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let everyone know that I had the power steering line rust through and now the brake line rust through. The car is a 2001 2.7. There was a recall regarding rust under the car, and had that done. About 1 year ago had the car in for a code on the Traction control. Dealer pointed out the rust. Now the 2 lines have rusted and leaked fluid out. Spent $900 in the last 9 months on rusted out lines. The car is in a salty area, no excuse. Check you fluid lines!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a 1996 Windstar had it for 15 years, very little rust under the van, some on the body. 2002 VW jetta, some rust underside, very little on the body. Yeah, complaining about rusted lines, I could have been driving the car and then find out I had no brakes.Remember, there was a recall on rusted underside. Red Flag should have gone up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
12 years old and your complaining about rusted lines?
Congrats! I guess it is your first time owning a car. However with experience you will soon find out modern vehicles have come a long way. Advances in metallurgy and paints have made modern vehicles very resilient to rust. Of course we are finding out the hard way that Hyundais haven't benefited from advances in technology.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1989 Toyota Celica in late 2002 with all 5 line from engine compartment to rear of car (fuel pressure line, return line, vent line and 2 brake line).. took couple day to do it between jobs in free time, engine on floor, fuel tank out to be able to run new lines where old resided.. they not rotted out this time around yet..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts