Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few weeks ago a slight blemish in the paint work of my I10. It was on the rear tail gate just above the bottom edge. I took it to my local dealer who felt that it was indeed rust. They called me last week to say that after a long fight with Hyundai warranty (who said it was a stone chip) they agreed to treat the effected area. So my little I10 was taken yesterday to have the work done.
Now when I brought the I10 it was treated with Super Guard paint treatment. I asked where I stood with this regarding the re-spray. I was told that as the treatment was a aftercare product it would not be covered. The garage did say they would see what they could do to help. I spoke to them yesterday and they have offered to retreat the car with a product called G3 for £40.00. Now this seems quite fair to me. What does everyone else think ?
As a side note I have been lent a `Toyota Aygo while mine is away. All I can say is that the I10 IMO is a much better car. The Aygo rattles like a loud drum and is no fun to drive at all. Given the choice of the Aygo or my I10 even with it little faults I would choose the I10 every time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got G3 applied when I bought mine, the garage reapplied it for free when they sorted the rust spots that came through on the bonnet. £40 is steep if they are only re-doing the small area but if they do the whole car it isnt bad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts