Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I am hoping that you might be able to help me. I just bought a replacement antenna for my 2004 Elantra because when I bought it, it just didn't have one. However, the nut (that I am pretty sure needs to be removed in order to work), is rusted straight onto where I assume you screw the new antenna onto. I think it's a nut to make sure everything stays on the antenna base, but this one apparently was left on for a very long time and has rusted a lot.

I have tried:

-WD40
- 3 in 1
- Liquid Wrench

All to no avail. When I apply too much pressure, the base itself starts spinning :confused:

Please help!!

ugh, why can't I get my picture to show? You have to add it to a picture hosting site first right? I put it on Flikr, tried sharing it publicly with Google Drive and Dropbox, and keep getting the broken img picture -.-

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Rusty nut antenna | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
ugh, why can't I get my picture to show?
For an image link to work it has to be a link directly to an image file, i.e. a file name ending in .jpg, .gif, .png, etc. The link you supplied to Flickr isn't a proper image link. I changed the IMG tags to URL in the above quote so it's at least clickable.
Sorry I can't help with your other problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Antenna base mount replacement.
Mount deteriorates and crumbles off. Tried two OED replacements fro dealer. Both split and broke into several pieces when trying to install.once by me and once by dealer.who is stymied.we feel part must have dried out on shelf,and getting a third one from same supplier would likely have same result.
Anybody who can help with this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts