Hyundai Forums banner

Running rich

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  NubR1 
#1 ·
a few weeks ago i took my car to get dynoed and i did 5 pulls for $30. hp was at 210 =/ (with the 20" rims i want to go back with the 16's)
what really bugged me was that the car would go into the mid 11s for the AFR in the upper rpms. i know this is normal for a stock map on the ECU and would be ok if car was forced induction but since im NA i would like to lean it out a bit.

i am considering smaller fuel injectors or an adjustable FPR fuel pressure regulator.

anyone have any input on how i can get the AFR into the mid/upper 12s to possibly gain some power and save on fuel consumption???

i have the RRM FUEL CONTROLLER which is manufactured for them by split sec. split secs signal controllers have a tach wire so i can adjust the readings at diff RPMs not across the map like the unit i have now does. i think the ecu just compensates for the reading by dumping in more fuel.

#11 ·
Those two things usually don't go together.

Please do let us know how it goes though.
I'm sure there are many here who will be interested in the outcome.
according to the link below they say 12.8-13.2 is optimal for most power on NA cars. and it seems to be what most ppl around the web say
Air-Fuel Ratio Meter Tuning- Car Craft Magazine

"We mentioned the stoichiometric air-fuel ratio (14.7:1) that is the ideal ratio for lowest emissions, but this isn't the best ratio for power. It used to be that 12.5:1 was considered the best power ratio, but with improved combustion chambers and hotter ignition systems, the ideal now is around 12.8:1 to 13.2:1.

Read more: http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0402_innovate_air_fuel_ratio_meter/#ixzz2b2TWetpo"

#5 ·
a few weeks ago i took my car to get dynoed and i did 5 pulls for $30. hp was at 210 =/ (with the 20" rims i want to go back with the 16's)
what really bugged me was that the car would go into the mid 11s for the AFR in the upper rpms. i know this is normal for a stock map on the ECU and would be ok if car was forced induction but since im NA i would like to lean it out a bit.

i am considering smaller fuel injectors or an adjustable FPR fuel pressure regulator.

anyone have any input on how i can get the AFR into the mid/upper 12s to possibly gain some power and save on fuel consumption???

i have the RRM FUEL CONTROLLER which is manufactured for them by split sec. split secs signal controllers have a tach wire so i can adjust the readings at diff RPMs not across the map like the unit i have now does. i think the ecu just compensates for the reading by dumping in more fuel.
Can you post your dyno with the AFR?

#6 ·
Hey alfu have you had a chance to put the 16s on yet since u bought t? I was wondering how they rode..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.