Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Santa Fe, 5-speed. A few months back I was treating the gas constatantly due to what appeared to be water in the gas. I ended up switching where I buy fuel. However, the problem returned and I bought the best fuel injection cleaner possible and treated it with that, hoping it would clear up the problem. It seemed to for about 1/2 a tank then the same "hitching" type problem was happening. I was told to use the best gas because of the burn rate in an attempt to possibly burn off anything that may be bad in there. I did so and 1/2 tank later, same problem. Except now it's doing it in 5th gear. 4th gear seems to run fine, switch to 5th and it hitches and lurches - almost like you are in too high of a gear for the speed, even at 55mph. The check engine light did not come on until.....

Two hours after speaking to my mechanic over the phone the check engine light came on. I'm taking it by tomorrow to get the code.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm hoping this is a sensor problem and not the fuel pump or something more serious.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts