Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can these be installed on the 2.7L that weren't originally equipped with such? Would the holes already be present or would you need to make them yourself?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the leather seats, can they also just simply be replaced with the current fabric ones?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The running boards look great but are useless as...
When you plant your foot to get in, you lever it against the running board and it make entry clumsy at best. My 02 is plain, but my wife's 03 has the RBs. She hates them as much as I do. Bush guards in the front are usually just a bolt-on and don't really do much one way or the other. Mostly appearance. If you hit something you're going to bend an attachment point anyway. Might get less damage if you hit a small deer or a dog; anything bigger and big repairs.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
The running boards look great but are useless as...
When you plant your foot to get in, you lever it against the running board and it make entry clumsy at best. My 02 is plain, but my wife's 03 has the RBs. She hates them as much as I do. Bush guards in the front are usually just a bolt-on and don't really do much one way or the other. Mostly appearance. If you hit something you're going to bend an attachment point anyway. Might get less damage if you hit a small deer or a dog; anything bigger and big repairs.

Bruce
Only time mine got any use was when I had very small grandkids.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd never put running boards on a Santa Fe. They're ridiculous and make entering and leaving the vehicle harder, not easier. Running boards that are gonna be that low to the ground make no sense whatsoever and look dopey. And a brush guard??? Uggghh. These are mini SUVs...commuter cars...you're not gonna go rock crawling with them. It's like putting combat boots and shoulder pads on a 14 year old girl.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I'd never put running boards on a Santa Fe. They're ridiculous and make entering and leaving the vehicle harder, not easier. Running boards that are gonna be that low to the ground make no sense whatsoever and look dopey. And a brush guard??? Uggghh. These are mini SUVs...commuter cars...you're not gonna go rock crawling with them. It's like putting combat boots and shoulder pads on a 14 year old girl.
LOL- good one!

·
Registered
4 Posts
just a note here: I put RB's on my 03 santa fe .. holes are there plugged with plastic inserts, you just pry out the plastic plugs . My kit was not OEM and used bolts with welded tabs at right angles to the bolts .. slide them into holes, center them and tighten up .. Only complaint is they interfere with your legs if you are shorter, and rub dirt off on your calves of your pant leg when you get out of the car..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SXIPro: LOL

SDMV: Thank you! This is what I wanted to know. Weather's really cold here now and it's snowed the past couple days, making it difficult to get under the car and inspect. However, this is what I wanted to know. So my '04 2.7L FWD should have the holes there ready. Will check and continuing looking for OEM running boards and push-bar, as stated earlier, I think it gives it a great look. Makes it seems more masculine too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts