Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2014 Sonata has been sitting outside my home for 7 weeks now. I always have the hand brake on. Our home is on a sloping road and the car was parked facing downwards. I’ve started it occasionally using a remote starter and it starts right away. Today we decided to go for a drive. When we started moving we heard this noise that sounded like something was rubbing. When I speeded up the frequency of the noise increased. We didn’t hear the noise when I was reversing. I shut off the ignition, put it in neutral and coasted straight down an incline and heard the same noise. I applied the handbrake and released it but the noise stayed the same. It seems to be coming from under the car. We drove back immediately and parked it outside my home as we didn’t want to drive around in it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had rusty rotors make noise (a sushing kind of noise) when my car was parked for an extended time...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rusty rotors. Keep driving it to remove most of the rust. But you have started something now, by not driving the car for 7 weeks. They will never return to pristine condition, but will still be very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you S-petersen, sony2000 and grcauto for your prompt and helpful responses. Stay safe and stay well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts