Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to get new tires and I am thinking about getting a wider tire. My current tire size is 225/45/18 and I wheels are 18x9.75 +20 offset. I want to run 245/40/18 so I'm not running them as stretched. My fenders are going to be rolled once I get the tires, my concern is rubbing on the inside, hitting the rear strut. I am lowered on H&R springs. They currently rub now when I have people in the backseat. Would I be able to clear 245/40? Would adjustable trailing arms help?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Its time to get new tires and I am thinking about getting a wider tire. My current tire size is 225/45/18 and I wheels are 18x9.75 +20 offset. I want to run 245/40/18 so I'm not running them as stretched. My fenders are going to be rolled once I get the tires, my concern is rubbing on the inside, hitting the rear strut. I am lowered on H&R springs. They currently rub now when I have people in the backseat. Would I be able to clear 245/40? Would adjustable trailing arms help?
that tire size will be just about 1/4" smaller in diamiter than what you have on it now. The problem is the wheel, not the tire size. You are a offset that is not recommended for your vehicle. Plus with the wider wheel, that makes it worse. And adding a wider tire could only compound your issues for the rubbing on the fender. You shouldnt have an issue inside on the strut, because the low offset on the wheels pushes the wheels out further. If you are looking for a real aggresive VIP type look, then the lower offset, which is not the correct one for the width of the wheel and the vehicle, is ok. Just be prepared to roll the fender and have the wheels stick out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts