Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Those look pretty neat - but whats that thing on the dash with the red stripe? Is that like a dash - blanket? Like to protect from the sun?? And what are the little "biscuits" on the middle of the door?

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Jul 30 2010, 06:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346238
I just ordered. When I get them I'll let you know what I think for anybody interested.

I'm interested but also curious -

what exactly is this supposed to do?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Looking forward to your report. I just visited the AU Hyundai site. They have a few different accessories that would be nice to see if one could retrofit to a USA spec car. Ft & rear pdc sensors, acrylic Headlight protectors and a factory dash pad.

·
Banned
630 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Is that primarily what this strip does - make the car a little more air tight?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I rather have road noise than those ugly things on my door!

Edit: Never mind, you don't see them, post results!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put those rubber strips on on last month.

The car is quieter on the highway. Doors close more solidly too.
They're hardly noticeable with the doors closed.

But I agree: those Kuhmo OE tires are noisy.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 2 2010, 08:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346638
your sonata takes on water??? I would say they would make the car more airtight, NOT watertight....
Yeah, I drive it in the ocean. Airtight is more like it. Guy posted above he put these on his car and cut down noise and made the door closure seem more solid. That is what you should expect from these.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Looks interesting. Let us know how they fit and work. I usually have my radio up loud enough it drains out the road noise. Or I have 2 kids that won't stfu in the back seat. I love my kids, can't you tell.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I've had these strips on the doors for a week or so and truthfully I don't notice a difference in wind noise reduction or anything like that. I do notice that I have to close the door harder now and they look nice. Took about 3 mins to put on. In my opinion......drum roll please......save your money. Wasn't alot of money so not that ticked off that I bought them. :57:

·
Registered
255 Posts
WTF?! Am I missing something? My car had these when I bought it. They aren't black though they are silver like the car. They don't come on from the factory?

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Sep 3 2010, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354069
OK, I've had these strips on the doors for a week or so and truthfully I don't notice a difference in wind noise reduction or anything like that.
That's what I figured. If the part had been installed between front door and fender, maybe.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even though these personally are not for me, IF (big if) even after what I posted above someone is still interested in buying these PM me and we'll make a deal. :liebe011:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts