Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

After having searched the forum, I can't find anything similar, so, here goes. My cup holder has lost the two rubber spacers/bumpers that hold the lid up. Have taken it to the dealer only to be told the two spacers/bumpers are meant to be replaced and are therefore not covered by the 100K warrantee.

I still have 10K left on the original warantee (I am the original owner). Any thoughts?

I have done a check of the web and can't find anything on replacing the rubber bumpers. I think the dealer does not want to replace them as it would require lifting the console.

Cheers,

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Supernova88642 @ Aug 12 2010, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349028
If these are what you need i can ship you both of them for about 5 bucks you dont have to take off the console you can push them thru the top
And to think I tossed a cup holder a couple week ago..... and I think I seen 1 in the warrany scrap pile going out to dumpster Tues.... Hit LOWES or someplace for the bumpers too in the hardware aisle, might get lucky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. I might go get some from a home improvement store.

I have been informed by the Service Manager at the dealership that it is indeed NOT covered under warrantee...and that they would have to replace the whole center console. I have been informed that if I am not happy, I can refer it to Hyundai Canada - but, I have to wonder if the answer will be any different.

I think what upsets me about this was the attitude of the Service Manager - he implied that the bumpers were either ripped out or removed - and that I had done it on purpose.

This is the second episode where I have had to, negotiate, shall we say, as to obtaining warrantee coverage. The first time was when I had to have an O2 sensor replaced - at first, the dealership stated that the diagnosis was not covered and would only refund my money after they were sure the repair was covered - which it was.

I am disappointed in the vaunted Hyundai Warrantee. It seems they will try to find any excuse to deny coverage - especially for items and repairs that are on the more expensive side.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the Rubber cup holder flap for the 2007 Sonata (the one where it goes down for smaller cups)?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the Rubber cup holder flap for the 2007 Sonata (the one where it goes down for smaller cups)?

Ask a harder question....

If all you need is the rubber flap all by itself --> 84623-3K500C

Visit your local friendly Hyundai or Kia dealer, go to the parts dept, and have fella order the number for you.... it the plastic holder for the flap is broken, then you buying a complete hoder assembly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts