Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Here's what is happening.When I press gas pedal makes the rpm jump-up without car going faster , it does not want to switch gears then , but if I press the gas pedal half way it will go faster but of course that takes a little longer.
when I need to go uphill it's a real pain for the engine so I just go slow. It won't shift to the higher gear. I had a mechanic check the code and it was throwing 303 (misfire) so he change the spark plugs , put in new wires (old ones were corroded)
and I changed TPS sensor on it. Still nothing.Engine seems to be running rough and don't know what else to do. Please advise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems like i will not get any responses here for my problem. I start to wonder why did I bother posting this. Anyway I keep updating this for all the guys like me who are trying to save money and drive those crappy Hyundai cars.
Ok. So far few things have been replaced on this car and still no signs of improvement. Started with new wires and spark plugs , TPS sensor and crankshaft sensor. Today the plan is to put the new coil pack on it and hoping that this will help.
So basically it is a process of elimination. I did some research and sometimes this is the only thing you can do. Luckily the sensors I bought and turned out not to be a problem I can take back to Autozone (just make sure to clean them and say you never had a chance to use those parts). More updates tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We found the problem!!!
It was the catalic converter!!!! This car is about 10 years old and this is about as much as you can run on those.
When we took it off it was just clogged!!! It is the only way to find out if it bad. So I'm going online and trying to order one. You can also buy a universal one and modify it using the old one but you would have to do some welding.
Well for now we cleaned the old one and car runs almost like new (I still have to buy new one if I want to pass smog in September :) ) , this also solved my other problems. Now the car does not shift the gears so rapidly it does that smoothly now and of course gas consumption will significantly improve. I hope this will help some of you in the future to save time and money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts