7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys what is your RPM at say 60. 65 and 70 MPH
Reason I'm asking is thought my MPG would be better,
Here's mine

60 2500
65. 2800
70. 3000

I though this was high, around town driving like a old lady I'm only seeing 15 MPG.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
RPM's seem normal, but i can say that the fuel economy is low for sure. i have personally seen up to 40mpg with highway driving from my 1.6L manual accent.

start with the basics...any known problems? check engine light on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No known problems, no cel just changed oil to syn and new fuel air oil filters and new plugs. Trans no slipping and shifting fine 1 2. 3. 4. Than OD . Maybe it's just the around town milage.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Around town mileage is going to be low in any DOHC 16 valve 4 cylinder. Also, it depends on what you get your rpms up to in town.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would say rpm's are about normal to thats about what mine are on a 5sp 1.5. Mpg is kinda low but driving habits and terr can effect that. My accent avg like 35-38 mpg per tank but mostly highway and back country rds. Poss o2 sensor lazy or dirty maf if it has one just not outta operating range far enough to kick the light on.just some ideas.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
all you can really do is the usual checks. tire pressure, alignment, check for sticking brake caliper, check plugs/wires, any overdue oil change or trans fluid flush (if auto), badly slipping/worn belts, any other known engine or trans problems.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
what exactly are you trying to say here? this is an LC accent. are you just trying to show off your shiny new accent like an ass?
I was merely showing the OP, rpm's, mileage, etc for a comparison, that's all. No need for personal attacks and name calling. I'm sorry that you were so offended, maybe you are just having a bad day. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts