Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 week old Venue (auto) and when starting in the morning, it idles slightly rough, just for about 15 seconds, then it's OK. This has occurred the last 3 mornings. The weather is not cold, about 22C (72F). It only happens first thing in the morning.
My thought is that it is not fuel as the problem would then persist through the day, but I may be wrong.
What should I try before taking it to a dealer?
Thx.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would give it a week to see if it clears up on its own. If it doesn't, I'd go straight to the dealer. The car is way too new to be experiencing problems.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Try nothing and take it back but unfortunately unless there is a fault code they will probably give you a line of BS and send you on your way but eventually it will either fix itself or raise it's ugly head.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys. You must be prophets or sons of prophets. It cleared up all by itself today just as you said it would. ☺☺  No new fuel, still around 3/4 of a tank. It just started and purred beautifully. ??? Go figure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Some dealers and car manufacturers give you a certein time limit to exchange your purchase . May want to look into that . Let us know of your outcome . Good luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thx guys. You must be prophets or sons of prophets. It cleared up all by itself today just as you said it would. ☺☺  No new fuel, still around 3/4 of a tank. It just started and purred beautifully. ??? Go figure.
It's called Spontaneous Automotive Healing. It's a thing, I swear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having similar issues on my 2020 venue. Rough idle in the morning or after sitting for 8 hour work shift. Sounds like it's going to choke out and stall. Thinking spark plugs. Dealer said wait for check engine light or leave with them overnight. Can't take any more time off work to get it looked at after all the time i had to take off work to get a new transmission for it. Not impressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts