Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here painted or vinyl wrapped their roof black or carbon fiber? I'm interested what your opinions are on it, i think it looks snazzy on a light colored car

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (mercx360 @ Oct 28 2010, 07:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367098
has anyone here painted or vinyl wrapped their roof black or carbon fiber? I'm interested what your opinions are on it, i think it looks snazzy on a light colored car
You should have lived back in the 60s and 70s!! My Mom had a Dart with a black vinyl roof. It increased the summer temperature in the car noticeably, compared to my painted yellow roofed car. It took extra work to keep the vinyl looking decent, you may want to tour a junk yard, (if the clunker debacle hasn't got rid of them all), and see how a vinyl roof weathers. People used to even get fake spray on vinyl roofs. Next thing white wall tires and gaudy chrome will make a come back. Oh wait, look at the new Acuras. UG-ley. Ruined a nice car.

But to each their own, if it looks right to your eye, spend your $$ and do it. Definitely leave your sun roof open when you park in the summer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually, I've seen it on several cars and done some cf vinyl wrapped car parts myself since I own a sign shop. Basically, from a distance of about 1+ ft away, it looks legit, but upon close inspection, the vinyl details come out. It looks good though. You definitely want to put a clear lam over it to protect against nicks and scratches. Remember, black and red fade the fastest when perpendicular to the sun... meaning any flat surface. Usually looks good for about anywhere from 1-2 years, depending on how often the car is shaded.
Any other vinyl questions are welcome.

Matthew

·
Banned
873 Posts
QUOTE (Ed. @ Nov 5 2010, 06:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369319
You should have lived back in the 60s and 70s!! My Mom had a Dart with a black vinyl roof. It increased the summer temperature in the car noticeably, compared to my painted yellow roofed car. It took extra work to keep the vinyl looking decent, you may want to tour a junk yard, (if the clunker debacle hasn't got rid of them all), and see how a vinyl roof weathers. People used to even get fake spray on vinyl roofs. Next thing white wall tires and gaudy chrome will make a come back. Oh wait, look at the new Acuras. UG-ley. Ruined a nice car.

But to each their own, if it looks right to your eye, spend your $$ and do it. Definitely leave your sun roof open when you park in the summer.
k first off, i dont even think you know what the OP is talking about, 2nd, this isnt the 60's or 70's, 'vinyl wrap' op is talking about is not something you thinking of -__-, and third your probably in the age group of 40's because i know most people appreciate the black.painted roof if the body line of the car is stuitable for it.
and 4th, acuras are not ruined, its called panoramic roof which gives the black roof affect, and the new acuras are nicer than my 07 sonata and your 07 sonata

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Nov 6 2010, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369590
^ew town cars are so ugly, people still drive those? why the **** would you black out roof on a towncar? its got no bodyline or flow from rear window to roof..... and its also called painting .... nubs :facepalm:
i'm glad atleast you know what i'm talking about downhiller...

and to whoever said it, white walls and gaudy chrome? really now? i hate chrome on cars just FYI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts