Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have the factory crossbars for my 2017 santa fe XL.
I am considering getting a hitch cargo carrier or roof cargo carrier for my upcoming trip.
Anyone installed a cargo carrier on stock OEM crossbar? it seems like it is a high profile crossbar.

·
Registered
2017 SF LWB AWD
12 Posts
Have you upgraded your your springs because the cargo carrier out the rear hitch is going to make the rear sag. I installed the low oem cross bars on my Pano roof Santa Fe but I haven't installed any kind of roof top carrier

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i have not upgrade my rear springs I do have pano also. Gonna give that 64x39” roof basket a try

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a 64x39 roof basket on oem cross bars. Seems like oem crossbar has high profile. What do you think btw i do have pano roof

·
Registered
21 Posts
We've been using a set of Yakima rail riders, which work well. Does well with a Yakima box, ski racks and kayaks. Makes a lot more room in the car for sure. Not sure how much it would worry me if we had the sunroof...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I started off with a roof top basket but was disappointment with the MPG hit so I switched to the rear cargo tray. I would NOT recommend putting heavy items on it, though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would NOT recommend putting heavy items on it, though.
One could possibly try reinforcing the attachment bracket by welding more beams onto it.

Or one could simply opt to tow a very small cargo trailer instead. I mean the hitch is already there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts