Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought a roof cargo box for their 2010 that could provide some recommendations? I already have roof rails, but will need the extra cargo capacity this summer on vacation.

Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cheapest that I could find several years ago was at Pep Boys. It had brackets that attatched right to the cross bars of my 'then' 03 Santa Fe. It has hinges on the drivers side and keyed locks on the passenger side. Also has prop bars to hold it open while loading.

Downside is we only used it once and it has sat in my storage space since then. Perhaps used from craigslist etc. is an option.

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
335 Posts
Another option is to purchase a cargo carrier that goes into the hitch. This is what I use. Much easier to load & unload because of height. Also no wind drag (mpg). Won't damage you vehicle with scratches, etc. Down side is it can/will interfere opening the back hatch. They do have the enclosed one that swings out of the way. Also nice when carrying something messy or smelly you don't want in the car. Here is a link to one at e-trailer.com.

http://www.etrailer.com/cargo-carrier.aspx

Bruce

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, First Post, First Hyundai!
I have a Santa Fe 2010, Sport, I got the Roof Rails cross bars. It has less then 350 KMs. Just about a week old!!!

I noticed that the cross rails have an arrow and FRT on them. I assume that they should point to the front?

I have one that says Frt, and points to the front, and the other says Frt and points to the back!

Question: Do I have 2 front cross bars? Or one pointing the wrong way?

It is VERY loud at anything above 55KMPH.

Have a great day and thanks for any input.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
39 Posts
Spitfire416, you have one roof rail pointing the wrong way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts