Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

RomelM12 here. Just joined today. From South Bay San Diego. 1st time Hyundai owner.

Current MODs:

1. XXR 522's in 18x8.5 +38 w/ Federal SS 225/40/R18
($930 out the door at SD Wheel & Tire Outlet)

2. MeccaTune Lowering Springs
(EBay)

3. KDM Avante & M16GDI Badging
(EBay)

4. Rear Diffuser w/ false dual tips
(EBay. $170 shipped.)

5. SuperDrift Lip Spoiler
(EBay. Not pictured.)

6. Concepto Rear Badge
(EBay. Not pictured.)

7. Roof and Side View Mirrors wrapped in High Gloss Black Vinyl.
(CP Richards Signs in El Cajon, CA. $300. Not Pictured)

Future Mods:

1. RoadRuns Upper Grill.
2. Sequence Two Piece Rear Valence.
3. TUIX Front Lip and Side Skirts.

2012/02/07.

Reactions: Jemini

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice ride! I wasnt sure about getting gold rims but seeing them on your ride I think I want some! That rear diffuser looks nice and how is the ride quality with the lower springs?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bouncy as expected. Waiting for someone to make aftermarket shocks to put an end to that. I had a KYB AGX/Neuspeed Sport setup on my 2001 Honda Prelude and liked the setup.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a pic of the roof wrapped in black vinyl.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
welcome to the forums dude. your car looks great!!
welcome to the white elantra club ;)

and yes. gold rims on white, or bronze looks killer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't want to spend that kind of money on suspension parts, when this car is all looks and no go.

·
Banned
998 Posts
my opinion, not to hate or what not...

I like the exhaust with diffuser - it really looks nice. The roof adds some touch. Nothing too aggressive. Even with the exhaust being fake only, I guess in your city nobody will notice that. It would be different here - on winter exhaust gases coming out only from one side :D

However, gold rims - they destroy the whole picture. White, black, silver, even chrome, but golden? They just do not fit. Color only.
But again, that's my opinion...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nice looking ride. The white goes with any color wheels and they do look Killer.B)

Completely agree with the need for Tuix body kit parts. Necessary IMO.:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
lol, sure...

I am not a fan of gold wheels either, but they do NOT look bad on your white car. I really do like the roof and the rear defuser though, they are spot on!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much did it cost to get that done because I want to do that to mine too!
It was $300 to wrap both the roof and side view mirrors.

If I could so it all over again, I would buy the side view mirror covers prepainted off eBay for $35+ shipping in the NKA color code.

I would also rather paint the roof. Every once in a while I have to press down on the edges of the roof to seat them in properly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice pics. Didn't realize they sell the 1.6L GDI engine for E's over in San Diego
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, so I'll just answer it. They don't, but I wanted the KDM Bashing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I like the exhaust with diffuser - it really looks nice. The roof adds some touch. Nothing too aggressive. Even with the exhaust being fake only, I guess in your city nobody will notice that. It would be different here - on winter exhaust gases coming out only from one side :D

However, gold rims - they destroy the whole picture. White, black, silver, even chrome, but golden? They just do not fit. Color only.
But again, that's my opinion...
Fake exhaust or not, winter gases would be coming from UNDERneath the car stock, which is embarrassing enough, IMO.

I make no bones about it. I tell people up front this is a budget economy car and nothing more. This car looks fast, drives slow. However, it's the best looking grocery getter you'll ever find for the money.

as for the rims, on average 8 of 10 people have good comments. The other 2 absolutely hate the look. To each his own. I personally think gold only looks good on green or white cars.

Reactions: jnpaat654

·
22,788 Posts
In a word: "Fantastic!" I especially like the "Shimmering White." I'd better!!!

1 - 20 of 277 Posts