Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. This is my first post here since purchasing my 2014 GT w/ Style this past weekend. I'm super happy with the car, but there is one problem that has bothered me for a couple of days now.

I'm hearing some type of noise whenever I reach an incline, accelerate or turn the car occasionally. To get a mental picture, I would imagine it sounding like a loose screw rolling to and fro inside the rear drivers side door or backseat. I've looked inside the car and don't see anything.

Does anyone have a suggestion, other than to just take it in for service? Thanks!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Could be something loose under the rear seats -- they come up really easily. Could also be something in the under floor storage in the trunk itself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :) I'm going to check underneath the seats, etc. It really sounds like it's inside the door though. I'll check back with findings!

·
Registered
112 Posts
LMAO!! Any junk in the trunk... You crack me up!! Check the little pockets in the far rear corners of the car. I had a cap in there and it drove me insane.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think you are the first on here with a 2014. Congrats!

Couple of things to check:
1. seatbelt clips rubbing against plastic pillars
2. Anything under the rear cargo area

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Glad to be the inaugural owner of the 2014.:)

Ok, I found a loose washer underneath the rear driver's side seat, so there's definitely a loose screw somewhere. I looked in the cargo area, under the seats, and in the spare tire well. It really seems like it's inside either the door or between the frame and carpet somewhere, but I don't see an entry point where it would have rolled into, given the spot where I found the washer. If I can't spot it, it looks like I'll need to take the car in for service.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Maybe no loose screw just a few extra parts got dropped in. A long time ago I stumbled upon a website dedicated to extra parts and tools found in brand new cars. When humans are involved things can happen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Few years later but I have the exact same noise in a 2019 Elantra GT. Did you find out what it was? Just curious before I take it for a service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts