Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
our 2006 Terry has started to drop oil!, after cleaning the engine down I checked it soon after and it appears to have a bad weep on the right side coming from the rocker cover area?, so is this common?, not a really big deal I suppose, I just have to pull all the intercooler and things off the top and replace it unless there is anything else under the intercooler I don't know about that could leak?.
Anyone had the same problem?.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,930 Posts
If your leak is coming from the rocker cover gasket/seal, you'll need to remove the fuel injectors and their supply pipes in order to remove the rocker cover to replace the seal.

I just thought it would be worth mentioning that the injectors on a CRD engine are often coded to the engine computer. When you remove them mark the injectors and the pipes so you know what cylinder they came out of, then refit them to the correct cylinders when you rebuid everything. And keep them clean too....see below.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
oil leak

I have the same issue with my 2006 plate do the injectors have a torque setting or do the just screw out would you need to replace any seals when you take them out?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2006 plate do the injectors have a torque setting or do the just screw out would you need to replace any seals when you take them out?
They should be torqued. I don't have the specs but start your own thread and you'll get the answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts