Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never got my shipping charge/restock back from them after numerous emails and they have lost a regular customer.
The part would not fit (rear spindle bearing) possibly miss labeled by their Chinese supplier, but they would not make good on it! :mad:
I ordered the same part number from Detroit Axle and it fit!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
When I first ordered from Rockauto.com, they sent the wrong brake rotors.
I called them up on the phone to straighten it out.
They kept asking about the part number on the box.
Even though the part number was right, five holes on the rotor for the four studs on my wheel would not fit.
Finally, they sent the correct rotors and didn't have me send back the wrong ones.

I have heard other stories about Rockauto
That they charge a re-stocking fee
Also that they do not reimburse shipping fees on returns.

Personally, I have had problems with their system for charging on my credit card after
I made a cancellation of an order.
People who want to speak to customer service ... there is none.
Complaints goes to an operator who says there is no one to talk to about it.
That Rockauto is only an on line ordering system.

So Caveat Emptor ... buyer beware

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never had a problem with return. Did you try calling them? Maybe something happened to the email?
Numerous emails with responses and they refused the shipping/restocking refund because, "it's supposed to be the right part!"
I'm not frivolous with my criticism...only when deserved. They didn't believe a customer and wouldn't take the return out of the box and check it! Too involved for them. So f*ck them!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I see, those details paint a different picture. I had two things happen. Went to install KYB strut and compressed it sideways. It leaked a little at seal so KYB customer service/Tech said get a new one under warranty. Had to pay shipping and Rock Auto sent me a new one. I could tell they were not happy. I think I caused the problem. Should have compressed the strut upright.

On the other hand they sent me wrong fuel filter for my Saturn. They said keep it (free). Sent me two Denso air and cabin filters for a Lexus. They said keep the other extra ones (free).

So I am ahead so far, but I understand your frustration.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I think the people who take the returns wouldn't know if the part was the right one in the box
They all go by the part number on the box

And sometimes the part is cheaper compared to shipping the part and everything needed to restock it
Especially when it is their fault for sending the wrong part

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Been purchasing parts from rockauto for years and I have yet to have an issue with any transactions.
They have even done warranty returns with no issues on lifetime struts that I bought 4 years ago.
I did have to pay a few bucks for shipping the returned, worn out struts but it was no big deal seeing as I got another complete set through warranty return.

I have also sent back parts that did not fit with zero issues.
And yes, in any kind of major warehousing, the workers only look at the box. They don't have a clue as to what part should really be in the box as long as it generally looks the same.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yes, in any kind of major warehousing, the workers only look at the box. They don't have a clue as to what part should really be in the box as long as it generally looks the same.
Then they should take a regular customer's word and forked-over the shipping charge...as you would expect them to do!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Rock Auto does have good pricing, but I, too, have had issues with them. Ordered an Anchor brand motor mount for a Chevy S10 Blazer, 4.3L V6.

What I got was some knock-off brand no one has ever heard of, and the bolt holes didn't line up with the block. Called them up, they say it't the right part. After much back and forth I finally got tired of arguing with them and gave up. They wouldn't take the part back, inferred I didn't know what I was doing.

Went over to O'Reilly's, bought the same Anchor part number I had ordered from Rock Auto, and it fit perfectly.

Rock Auto; cheap prices, but buyer beware.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts