Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any trouble with a roaring noise in the wheels? I have had my Santa Fe in twice now for this problem and they can't pinpoint it. I know it has something to do with the wheels because everytime it makes the noise I touch my brakes and it stops. I had the same problem with my Blazer and it took 2 times to fix that problem - it was the wheel hub. The Hyundai dealership said they couldn't "duplicate" the problem. I told them they couldn't because I didn't even know when it was going to happen.

Also, twice now I have put my Santa Fe in Park and the engine just revs up - HIGH. I have to turn the vehicle off and let it set a few minutes. They couldn't "duplicate" that problem either or find a "code". I asked them what happen to just good ole automobile common sense. The service tech told me that it sounded like a sensor was going bad - then order a new one and fix it. It's called the process of elimination! If my engine blows while I'm on the road (travelling) or I run into the back of someone because my vehicle wants to jump, I'm heading to the dealership and they are not going to like it.

I was just wondering if anybody else was having the same problems I was?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by cat web@Nov 15 2004, 07:20 PM
Has anybody had any trouble with a roaring noise in the wheels?  I have had my Santa Fe in twice now for this problem and they can't pinpoint it.  I know it has something to do with the wheels because everytime it makes the noise I touch my brakes and it stops.  I had the same problem with my Blazer and it took 2 times to fix that problem - it was the wheel hub.  The Hyundai dealership said they couldn't "duplicate" the problem.  I told them they couldn't because I didn't even know when it was going to happen.

Also, twice now I have put my Santa Fe in Park and the engine just revs up - HIGH.  I have to turn the vehicle off and let it set a few minutes.  They couldn't "duplicate" that problem either or find a "code".  I asked them what happen to just good ole automobile common sense.  The service tech told me that it sounded like a sensor was going bad - then order a new one and fix it.  It's called the process of elimination!  If my engine blows while I'm on the road (travelling) or I run into the back of someone because my vehicle wants to jump, I'm heading to the dealership and they are not going to like it. 

I was just wondering if anybody else was having the same problems I was?
[snapback]2799[/snapback]​

Ain't that the truth! I don't think there are any REAL mechanics in the world anymore. If the car doesn't show a "Code" they have no idea what to do. Even I can remember what fixed a problem before. It shouldn't be that hard for these "Factory Trained" service people to remember a problem and it's solution.

Crazy!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts