Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm at my wits end, my 2015 Hyundai Elantra, (mileage 92,000) is making roaring and grinding noises I have taken it first to Hyundai dealership they told me that the tires were cupping and I needed new tires, so I bought four new tires at fire stone. the sound was still present so firestone told me that I needed new wheel bearings. I did that on 2 front tires (supposedly) sound was still present. I took it back to the dealer ship Hyundai and I told them I wanted the transmission checked-(they only checked the fluid) when I asked why the transmission was not checked the tech told me that it wasn't on the ticket. I was also told by Hyundai that the right tire bearing looks like it wasn't done. I specifically asked for the transmission to be checked. and it wasn't done. now they Hyundai is telling me they don't hear anything. the tech took it home and brought it back the next day and I was told they don't hear anything. I pulled out and I no sooner was driving towards the road when the noise was still present. I honestly think it is the tranny because it is not going into gear as fast as is should. I drive for uber and lyft and that is why the mileage is so much I have put on 72,000 miles in the last yr and 10 mo. I have had a diagnostic done at both places (supposedly) Hyundai and firestone and firestone tells me they don't know what it is so didn't charge me for wheel bearings. both places said my breaks and rotors where good I don't know if they were cleaned I am guessing not. I am also thinking that Hyundai is waiting for the warranty to expire which is at 100,000 miles so they don't have to replace the tranny under the warranty. also because I am a women and I am not happy that my car is still making this noise it does it while driving and gets louder and turns into a grinding noise when I put the breaks on. Please help I don't know what to do anymore I have spent $1700 dollars in the last week and nothing has changed. I am broke now and don't know what to do. I have had diagnostics done, break inspection, oil change, injection cleaning new tires, wheel bearings and engine filter change

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ok I'm at my wits end, my 2015 Hyundai Elantra, (mileage 92,000) is making roaring and grinding noises I have taken it first to Hyundai dealership they told me that the tires were cupping and I needed new tires, so I bought four new tires at fire stone. the sound was still present so firestone told me that I needed new wheel bearings. I did that on 2 front tires (supposedly) sound was still present. I took it back to the dealer ship Hyundai and I told them I wanted the transmission checked-(they only checked the fluid) when I asked why the transmission was not checked the tech told me that it wasn't on the ticket. I was also told by Hyundai that the right tire bearing looks like it wasn't done. I specifically asked for the transmission to be checked. and it wasn't done. now they Hyundai is telling me they don't hear anything. the tech took it home and brought it back the next day and I was told they don't hear anything. I pulled out and I no sooner was driving towards the road when the noise was still present. I honestly think it is the tranny because it is not going into gear as fast as is should. I drive for uber and lyft and that is why the mileage is so much I have put on 72,000 miles in the last yr and 10 mo. I have had a diagnostic done at both places (supposedly) Hyundai and firestone and

firestone tells me they don't know what it is so didn't charge me for wheel bearings.

They replaced the wheel bearings and didn't charge you?

both places said my breaks and rotors where good I don't know if they were cleaned I am guessing not. I am also thinking that Hyundai is waiting for the warranty to expire which is at 100,000 miles so they don't have to replace the tranny under the warranty. also because I am a women and I am not happy that my car is still making this noise it does it while driving and gets louder and turns into a grinding noise when I put the breaks on. Please help I don't know what to do anymore I have spent $1700 dollars in the last week and nothing has changed. I am broke now and don't know what to do. I have had diagnostics done, break inspection, oil change, injection cleaning new tires, wheel bearings and engine filter change
Can you record the grinding noise and post it?

·
Registered
882 Posts
first check the backing plates of front wheels. You can check by hands to see if they are too close to the rotors.

Check the oil level of transmission. You can top off some oil it it's too low, but if you have never changed trans oil, change it ASAP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts