Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my I10 in 2014, I was given a contract note for 5 years free Roadside Assistance dependant only on my Registration number. There was no mention of this cover being dependant on the car being serviced by an Authorised Hyundai garage.

Now I read that Assistance is only given if the car in question has been serviced by an Hyundai garage.

Just wondering if this will apply to my car, or if I could use any service organisation but still retain the Roadside Assistance for the remaining period?

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's interesting. I'll check my paperwork. I don't recall getting what you call a contract note with my 2016 Go.

Hopefully someone can help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, not sure when Service Related Assistance came in. I think this needs clarifying - there could be lots of owners who think that they are covered, but are not!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Seems reasonable to me that complimentary cover is dependent on servicing at Hyundai. It's a bonus for maintaining your vehicle in accordance with the service schedule. What disturbs me is the vagueness of who provides the service and how you get home after being towed to a local Hyundai dealer. I personally don't want advice on how to get home and a hire car I want to be taken home with the car if it's not immediately repairable. It seems to me that you won't find out how good it is until you try and use it. That's why since I bought my car I still keep up Rescuemycar membership so if I break down depending on the circumstances I can choose who I call out. My family have bad experiences of a certain large organisation who have their own patrols and can keep you waiting hours at the roadside if they are stretched or naturally give priority to a lone female. I prefer to have a proper national recovery policy if something happens they'll bring us and the car home. That could be my priority and not have to leave the car somewhere miles away and have to deal with it over the phone and then travel back for the car. If you're going to depend on something you need to know what you've got. There are so many types of breakdown ie fuel, punctures with wheel damage, accident, vandalism, illness etc and it all depends on where it happens and at what time of day or night.

Reactions: Longshot
1 - 5 of 5 Posts