Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my SFS on a 400+ mile road trip through the PA mountains to attend a HS Reunion. Performed like a champ. AVG 27.9 MPG. Turbo handled the uphills with no problem. Because my Home Town is a small town, nobody had seen the new SFS yet and got a lot of "What is that?"

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just took my SFS on a 400+ mile road trip through the PA mountains to attend a HS Reunion. Performed like a champ. AVG 27.9 MPG. Turbo handled the uphills with no problem. Because my Home Town is a small town, nobody had seen the new SFS yet and got a lot of "What is that?"
Is that 27.9 MPG actual, or the computer reading?

·
Registered
184 Posts
What part of the PA Mountains did you drive through? I live in the Laurel Highlands area (Johnstown to be exact). Some real nice drives in this area. :)

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, depends on what motor you drive, but people report overall average of 21.3 mpg for that car. You have to track mileage of a long period of time before I'm impressed.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Computer reading

You can bet you didn't get the mpg you told us about. I don't even pay attention to that number any more.
The only real way to see what your mpg is is to zero the trip miles, fill up, drive the trip, when you get back fill up again, check the miles driven and divide that by the gallons used.
The computer mpg figure is VERY optimistic in my Sport turbo, always showing 3-4 miles per gallon better than I really get. Hyundai should really get a fix for that.
My last reading from the dash was 23.9. Actual was 19.3. Go figure!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can bet you didn't get the mpg you told us about. I don't even pay attention to that number any more.
The only real way to see what your mpg is is to zero the trip miles, fill up, drive the trip, when you get back fill up again, check the miles driven and divide that by the gallons used.
The computer mpg figure is VERY optimistic in my Sport turbo, always showing 3-4 miles per gallon better than I really get. Hyundai should really get a fix for that.
My last reading from the dash was 23.9. Actual was 19.3. Go figure!!!
Mine has consistently been off by between 1.3 and 1.5. It makes no sense that the computer should be off when it knows just about exactly how far you have gone and how much fuel has been used. My 05 Mustang is more accurate for crying out loud!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine has consistently been off by between 1.3 and 1.5. It makes no sense that the computer should be off when it knows just about exactly how far you have gone and how much fuel has been used. My 05 Mustang is more accurate for crying out loud!
I think I read that the computer in the 2013 "learns" how you drive, etc. or something like that. I just wish it would compute the miles driven and the amount of gas used. PERIOD!!!
IIRC my 2010 was usually just a tenth or two off the actual mpg. This one is useless, at least in mine. It seems to be waay off lately even though nothing has changed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The fuel economy (MPG, or for me L/100km) is COMPLETELY wrong on mine. I also think that this should be simple division - the computer should know how many miles are driven and how much fuel was used, so I am not sure why this is so difficult to get right. I can uderstand it "learning" to estimate the range remaining - but the usage should be a simple calculation. C'mon Hyundai, get this right!

·
Registered
884 Posts
The fuel economy (MPG, or for me L/100km) is COMPLETELY wrong on mine. I also think that this should be simple division - the computer should know how many miles are driven and how much fuel was used, so I am not sure why this is so difficult to get right. I can uderstand it "learning" to estimate the range remaining - but the usage should be a simple calculation. C'mon Hyundai, get this right!
It`s not just Hyundai...It`s widespread with a lot of makes...

See post #741 on the..."Fuel Capacity and Range and MPG reading" thread...

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2.4L AWD SFS's gauge is always 2 to 2.5 mpg higher than my actual calculation. I have to show 27.5 mpg to actually get 25 mpg. But I'm happy with the power of the 2.4 and the economy is better than my '12 Sportage 2.0T. If anyone has driven the older Hyundai 2.7L V6's, the 2.4L 4 cylinder is definitely peppier than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts