Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 Sonata GLS.
(it is not with me at the moment)
On my Hyundai Roadside Assistance Card it has a number on the front . Is this the VIN number (which I believe is requested when calling the 1-800 number ?
Thanks

·
Banned
532 Posts
Yes, it's the VIN and you need it for verification when calling. It's also good when you have to call HMA or a dealer, a handy little item they came up with.

Hint: It's thermal ink printed on the hard card, I put a piece of 1-3/4" tape (commonly known as box tape) neatly over the entire front of the card.

This protects your wallet or the owners manual plastic window frame from ink transfer's, like the insurance ID cards do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's the VIN and you need it for verification when calling. It's also good when you have to call HMA or a dealer, a handy little item they came up with.

Hint: It's thermal ink printed on the hard card, I put a piece of 1-3/4" tape (commonly known as box tape) neatly over the entire front of the card.

This protects your wallet or the owners manual plastic window frame from ink transfer's, like the insurance ID cards do.
Thanks jdgorsky.
Another question.This is a Hyundai Canada issued card. Can this be used anywhere in North America ?
Thanks

·
Banned
532 Posts
Whatta ya think I'm an import/export customs expert? ..... :D

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
If you frequently travel between the US and Canada you may want to call them and see if they'll cover you in the States. I know canucks have had issues getting warranty coverage stateside and vice versa so I'm not sure how well that bodes for roadside assistance.

Your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is a 17-digit number can also be found at the base of the windshield and on the certification label inside the driver door jamb.

Reactions: hydrogen3
1 - 5 of 5 Posts