Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my tires rotated last week, past few days it felt a slight vibration on the body, not on the steering wheels, so i took it to the service and apparently i need a "road force wheel alignment" to get that fixed. Im waiting for the service to be done, but does this sound right guys? Ive nver done this thing done before but apparently they recommend every 15,000 miles. What do you think guys?

·
Registered
128 Posts
First port of call is to make sure that the wheels are properly balanced. Shake in the steering is usually front wheel(s), shake in the body is usually back. Also modern tyres flat spot easily, so make sure you still have a vibration after driving the car for many miles (10+) at a reasonable speed before convincing yourself that you really have a problem.

·
Registered
850 Posts
They probably have to rotate the wheel on the rim. No rim or wheel is perfectly round, and when you stack the worst tolerances you can get excessive vibration. Wheel balancing with weights can only mitigate this so much. The Road Force Balance will help the technician give you the most round package possible instead of throwing wheel weights at the problem.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I think you needed a rebalance and they want to charge you for it every 15K miles.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Like others said, you just need a rebalance. RF balancing is great at finding rim/tire problems BUT... you need a competent tech working the machine. Your average min wage lube and tireguy won't do a good job. A regular balance could've sufficed in your case but getting a RF done every once and a while isn't a bad idea. The every 15k mile thing is typical dealer BS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts