Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear-ended a few days ago in heavy Christmas shopping traffic on a busy 8-lane main drag by, yup, lady in an SUV yakking away on her cellphone. No one hurt, no airbags deployed in the Sonata, both vehicles perfectly drivable after police took accident report info.

Two days later, rear-ender's insurance company totaled the Sonata. Deformed rear floorpan, frame rails, both rear quarter panels, trunk, bumper cover, bumper components. $6,500 repair estimate, $14k settlement check, plus rental car for a week to look for a replacement vehicle.

The Sonata looked every bit as sharp on its way to the scrap yard as it did 5 years and 50k miles ago rolling off the car carrier at the Hyundai dealer. Spotless outside and in, could eat off the engine, all recalls performed, excellent power, handling, performance, and comfort. Toyota hybrid on deck.

NIB OEM parts available (all Hyundai OEM in original factory boxes):

6 Oil Filters (26300-35504)
6 Oil Drain Plug Gaskets
1 Engine Air Filter (28113-2P100)
1 Cabin Air Filter (3SF79-AQ000)
1 Set of Four Spark Plugs (NGK) (18849-09085)

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
493 Posts
$14 grand. Nice down payment on a new vehicle. So what are you thinking about buying?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Not getting another Hyundai?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Glad you are ok.Out of curuosity,are you going to another brand due to Hyundai engine issues for the 2011-2014 model years?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not my call since it wasn't my car. Family member.

Thought a Camry Hybrid was in the works, but it looks like a new 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited will be joining the fleet instead. Trucking it in Friday from 3 states over. To mitigate any potential problems with its engine, battery, tech, or comfort features the car will only be hanging around for its 3-year lease period (plus, we stole it).

Me? Looks like I'll be hanging around, too, just like ripe fruit...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts