Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my 2011 sonata for about a month and a half and im seriously considering getting a set of rims and tires for the summer. My question is whats a decent size where it will look good but still wont suffer in the ride too much

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (Jamie M @ Apr 16 2010, 08:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=313809
Ive had my 2011 sonata for about a month and a half and im seriously considering getting a set of rims and tires for the summer. My question is whats a decent size where it will look good but still wont suffer in the ride too much
Really really depends on you. I found the 18" rims a bit of a harsh ride. Thought the 17" were perfect.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking at a set of 18's and the owners manual says that 18's do fit on the car so i guess ill just have to see

·
Registered
213 Posts
20's will fit on the car... I have aftermarket 18's with 215/45/18 rubber and the ride quality is fine for me, and my limited handles better on them due to the smaller sidewall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think wheels are going to awesome on the car but, I think if you are going to upgrade the wheels you might as well go with a meatier tire. nothing less than a 225 width tire. From the 225 you can go with different aspect ratios of 45 for some sidewall comfort and protection down to a 40 series tire that will give you less comfort and protection but give you a bit better handling. I'm looking at some wheels and looking at different sizes because i don't want too little sidewall but, I have to figure out how low the car will ride once i can get springs on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts