Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow the right rear reflector on my 2017 Sonata limited broke and I obtained the part from the dealer but how do you removed the old one-it looks like there is one screw holding it but not sure how to do it-thanks tried reaching the screw from underneath but could not get to it yet!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
My guess is you would have to remove all or part of the under bumper cover finishing panel to gain access to the mounting screw.
Should just be a bunch of plastic snap in fasteners holding it to the bumper cover.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't imagine that the Sonata is very different than the Elantra or Tucson, both which I've changed out the reflectors, so yeah it's possible to remove them by reaching with your hand. It takes some maneuvering and even a small screw driver, such as a fingertip driver/ratchet, but depending if you have a bracket in the way for a bulky item you might need a long, but small, screw driver to get the screw off.

It's not the easiest task but it's possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is you would have to remove all or part of the under bumper cover finishing panel to gain access to the mounting screw.
Should just be a bunch of plastic snap in fasteners holding it to the bumper cover.
Well I had the dealer do it since I have no place tow ork on it and they had to take off the bumper to get to it-$85.00 labor thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Well I had the dealer do it since I have no place tow ork on it and they had to take off the bumper to get to it-$85.00 labor thanks for the reply
Glad you got it taken care of, but ouch!
They just reaffirmed why they call them stealerships.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts