Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the title says it all on this one, but to re-state; The right-front amber turn signal light on my car will light up when the headlights are on, but it absolutely will not blink.

So...What's the deal? Could it be as simple as needing a new bulb or do I have something else going on?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
The right-front amber turn signal light on my car will light up when the headlights are on, but it absolutely will not blink.
Are you sure it's the turn signal that's lit up and not the amber marker lamp that often shares the same lamp unit as the turn signal?

Front and rear turn signals are linked so if the front turn signal is illuminated the rear one should be as well.

LEDs or incandescent bulbs?
Does the right turn signal hyper flash?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The right signal does hyper flash when used - that's what tipped me off to the problem. All signals front and rear flash except the right-front. There is only one amber light in the front light assembly on this model - it is both the running light and blinker.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
There is only one amber light in the front light assembly on this model - it is both the running light and blinker.
We don't have amber marker lamps here in the UK so I could be wrong here, but I think you'll find there's a double filament bulb in the lamp, one filament for the marker and one for the turn signal. Sounds to me like the turn signal filament is blown.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds to me like the turn signal filament is blown.

That's what I've been hoping, but I've been having trouble finding a clear answer on it. From what I understand some models have a single filament that is interrupted(or activated on if the headlights are off) intermittently that can result in them not blinking but staying lit if there's another electrical problem, and I've been having trouble finding a clear answer on this. If it's a single filament that's turned on and off there's another issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
All done. I took the old bulb out and looked closely - it did appear to be a dual-filament so I got a new bulb and swapped them. It's working now.

Guess I p[anicked a bit since I've got over 160,000 miles on this thing and been fixing a lot of other trouble lately. Had bad luck with the fixes, too - both front wheel bearings had to be replaced TWICE due to initial replacements being defective(thank you Duralast warranty!), plus the right-front spindle AND left-front tierod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.