Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have tried to look for a previous topic but cannot see an answer so here goes. Is it possible that there is a lever within the headlamp that converts my original RHD beam pattern to a LHD beam pattern. Is see that other cars with the same style lamps (my SF is a 2010 UK spec model) have this facility and I also had luck with my previous ride - a Range Rover Sport 2005. I know that beam benders do do the job to a point but as I'm in Germany full time I need to get rid of the ugly beam benders, get more light onto the road ahead as the beam benders withold some of the light and longterm get a Tuv (MOT) sorted.

Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I needed the same functionality and on my 2009 car at least, there is no switch.

A set of LHD light clusters from a breaker is probably your only permanent (if a little expensive!) option. Shame there isn't an exchange scheme for folk wanting the reverse.

It's a bit of a short sighted omisison as surely it wouldn't cost a great deal to engineer it in!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbis @ Nov 1 2010, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367879
I needed the same functionality and on my 2009 car at least, there is no switch.

A set of LHD light clusters from a breaker is probably your only permanent (if a little expensive!) option. Shame there isn't an exchange scheme for folk wanting the reverse.

It's a bit of a short sighted omisison as surely it wouldn't cost a great deal to engineer it in!
Guess mine would have the same headlamps??, don't think Hyundai changed the lamps on the facelift 2010 version - unless you know different!! I have seen one s/hand lamp advertised locally so will go for that and try to find the other without having to buy new!

If anyone in Germany has or knows of a second hand ( gebraucht scheinwerfer ) for the 2006+ Santa Fe then please get in touch asap.

Seems wierd that some manufacturers do bother to fit/make a means to adapt and some do not - down to cost I guess.

Thanks for your reply. :liebe011:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts