Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dash lights, fog lights, glove box and rear tail light stopped working. We found out it's the Rh-Tail fuse. Several different amperage of fuses keep blowing as soon as I turn the headlights on. The only thing I've done recently is I replaced the headlights this week because one went out, and it's been fine for days since. Now suddenly the fuse won't stop blowing. Not sure what to do from here.

·
Registered
2008 Optima LX 2.4
28 Posts
What year and engine is your SF? Here is the circuit for "RH-tail" fuse 28 for an 04 santa fe 2.7. I don't see how this fuse could affect the fog lights and dash lights.
Was the fuse blowing before you replaced the headlights? If this problem started immediately after that you should check your work. Look for chaffed or damaged wiring harnesses, connectors, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year and engine is your SF? Here is the circuit for "RH-tail" fuse 28 for an 04 santa fe 2.7. I don't see how this fuse could affect the fog lights and dash lights.
Was the fuse blowing before you replaced the headlights? If this problem started immediately after that you should check your work. Look for chaffed or damaged wiring harnesses, connectors, etc.
I mentioned it was an 03 in the title. I have a 3.5. No, the fuse was not blowing before the headlight replacement. Nor was it blowing for days after.

Apparently the issue was the dimmer switch, according to my husband. He removed it and plugged it back in and the fuse stopped blowing. (After he tore the dash apart to check connections behind the stereo. 😂 Poor guy.) The fuse controls the button for the fog lights apparently. The lights themselves are fine but the button was not working. Odd how a dimmer switch can cause all this trouble.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,326 Posts
Several different amperage of fuses keep blowing as soon as I turn the headlights on.
Oh, tell hubby never to do that. Only replace fuses with the correct amperage rating for the circuit. The fuse is there to protect the wiring, and sometimes fitting a higher capacity fuse will stop the fuse from blowing but causes more serious/expensive damage to the wiring harness. Sounds like he got away with it this time. Next time he might not be so lucky.

I don't see how this fuse could affect the fog lights and dash lights.
That's because your looking at the wrong diagram. If you take a look at the diagrams for fog lights and dash illumination I'm pretty sure you'll find that fuse 28 is also involved in those circuits too.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts