Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2010 Santa Fe which I am very happy with ...... except...... I miss the reversing camera that I had on my previous X-Trail. There is no obvious place to fit one and I don't particularly want to start drilling holes in my new car. Any ideas??

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (subo @ Sep 30 2010, 10:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359841
I have just bought a 2010 Santa Fe which I am very happy with ...... except...... I miss the reversing camera that I had on my previous X-Trail. There is no obvious place to fit one and I don't particularly want to start drilling holes in my new car. Any ideas??
My wife has an 09 Sante Fe. I cannot fathom that they did not put back-up sensors or a camera in this vehicle. As hard as it is to see out of the back of this while backing up I think this omission is inexcusable. I would not buy one myself and tried to talk my wife out of buying it (didn't work, obviously). Hyundai should be ashamed of themselves for this omission. This is 2010, not 1980.

·
Registered
96 Posts
QUOTE (Stujac @ Sep 30 2010, 03:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359842
My wife has an 09 Sante Fe. I cannot fathom that they did not put back-up sensors or a camera in this vehicle. As hard as it is to see out of the back of this while backing up I think this omission is inexcusable. I would not buy one myself and tried to talk my wife out of buying it (didn't work, obviously). Hyundai should be ashamed of themselves for this omission. This is 2010, not 1980.
I assume they expect people buying a large car like this to have reasonable driving skills, failing that fit a set from Ebay, I did, took an hour to fit and cost £20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a reversing camera from e-bay (the seller was in Hong Kong).The camera mounts on the reg plate (or similar location) and takes power from the reverse light circuit (you can tap off the blub). The little 3" monitor uses 12v cig lighter power.
The premium has reverse park sensors as standard - the camera can give you extra "security".

·
Registered
2 Posts
[attachment=23219:Rear_Cam...Posiiton.jpg]I too am looking to fit a reversing camera. No real reason other than I would find it helpful when hooking up to my caravan and that I already have a Kenwood Sat Nav Multi Media Aftermarket head unit fitted to my 2011 Santa Fe CRDI 7 Seater manual that is ripe for attaching another gadget! I have researched the market a bit and am inclined towards a bullet camera installed on the rear skirt but am a bit worried about the vertical field of vision given that this bit of the trim is angled downwards. The other alternative is to get 'made to measure' camera that replaces one of the number plate lights (it has its own light too). The downside of this for me is that I am not sure how to run the video feed from the tailgate to the front head unit since I recall that access to the wiring loom as it exits the tailgate (moving to fixed structure cable run) is difficult and once off the tail gate how do get down to floor level? I am o.k with the run at floor level Can anyone advise please?
thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (UBM @ Oct 4 2010, 06:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360929
I bought a reversing camera from e-bay (the seller was in Hong Kong).The camera mounts on the reg plate (or similar location) and takes power from the reverse light circuit (you can tap off the blub). The little 3" monitor uses 12v cig lighter power.
The premium has reverse park sensors as standard - the camera can give you extra "security".

UBM
What is the quality like on the camera off ebay from HongKong?
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts