Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently acquired my first i40 and have found the reversing camera to be really fuzzy (almost unuseable - especially at night).
I thought at first it was becasue it was dirty but I've tried cleaning it several times and no difference - I have noticed when I took a photo with my phone and magnified it, there seems to be a few scratches on the lens.

Firstly, is there a way to remove the camera out of the holder and secondly, can I buy a spare (all my online searches are for retro fitted cameras)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. no warranty...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any chance the dealer did not remove the protective plastic film on the reversing camera lens? sometimes the film is hard to notice.

Frank 2017 Sonata SE with 11.3K miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well it's a 2011 model so hoping after 7 years someone would have thought to do it (and probably fallen off by now)

Saying that though - it's only had 1 previous owner - maybe the fim is still on, I'll have alook tonight...

Sorry - should have stated the age of the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's gone very quiet on the replies - I guess no one knows how or why this is hapenning - also no one knows how to remove the lens (and holder)?

I guess my only hope is Hyundia dealer but I can't imagine that will be cheap...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also had a blurry cam. Luckily within warranty and it was replaced. Look on ali-express and you'll find a replacement cam for the i40
Mark, are those cameras not universal? As in the DIY type job that does not work with your media unit? I've seen some that you install in the number plate light.

I'm trying to hunt down one for my i40 and replace old broken one (blue screen)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, found original camera on ebay, the part number is 95760-3z102.

Does anyone know how to remove the trunk panel in order to access and change the factory camera? I tried but did not have much success.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, recently acquired my first i40 and have found the reversing camera to be really fuzzy (almost unuseable - especially at night).
I thought at first it was becasue it was dirty but I've tried cleaning it several times and no difference - I have noticed when I took a photo with my phone and magnified it, there seems to be a few scratches on the lens.

Firstly, is there a way to remove the camera out of the holder and secondly, can I buy a spare (all my online searches are for retro fitted cameras)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. no warranty...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts