Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Depends...  Even if the LED's appear to be brighter than incandescents, if they don't project the light as uniformly as an incandescent it would be even less useful than what you currently have.

They do make halogen backup bulbs, I remember seeing them in the JC Whitney catalog eons ago (they were all bayonet base though.)  I can't seem to find any wedge base bulbs such as that. Which is probably a good thing, with the higher wattage I can see melted wiring and damaged housing if you left reverse on too long. :whistling:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ehem... yea... watts... that's what I meant. yea... haha. jk.

So 16 watt halogen white 922s.  I guess that's what I'm looking for.

any ideas on where to get them?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got those, and they sucked.  So I happily used them as my dome lights.  They look great there.  Not so much in the reverse lights.  Although.... I found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Brigh...sQ5fAccessories

So happy right now.  I'm gonna order them very soon, and let you guys how they are.  :banana:

Just put the money on my paypal.  Now I'm just waiting for it to get there so I could order them.  Should take three days.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at the back of my accent, and saw that where they sit is pretty deep.  It looks like they'll fit.

I'll send him a message, and ask him to measure them for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm sure the depth is fine. I'm more concerned about the width and fitting in the holes made for the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I had to do that for my LED sidemarkers. Bulbs were a tiny bit too wide. Actually I just carefully used a sharp knife, but a drill would have worked all the same.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I put LEDs in my side markers, and they were way too big.  So... I just jammed them in there really hard, and they fit. :)

That's so weird though that they would be too wide.  Because, aren't they made to fit as 921s? idk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts