Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a reverse camera into the trunk key hole slot soon, i see that there is an output from the head-unit that needs to be hooked up to the camera, a +12v power wire a ground and that i need to tap into the reverse switch. Which wire is the one for the reverse switch? i want the head-unit to be able to display the image when i select the camera option and to automatically show the image when the vehicle is put into reverse. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
QUOTE (zsonata @ Oct 21 2010, 12:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365083
I am going to be installing a reverse camera into the trunk key hole slot soon, i see that there is an output from the head-unit that needs to be hooked up to the camera, a +12v power wire a ground and that i need to tap into the reverse switch. Which wire is the one for the reverse switch? i want the head-unit to be able to display the image when i select the camera option and to automatically show the image when the vehicle is put into reverse. Thanks
output on the headunit for the camera? or do u mean an input for the video from the cam?
the reverse switch wire is BLUE + and it is in the drivers kick, harness to the rear.
and for u to access the reverse cam with out being in reverse gear, you need to hook the positive of the cam to ACC (so its on when the HU is on )

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that is what i mean an input for the video from the cam. i was thinking can i not just tap into the 12 volt outlet that is in the trunk for the power wire and ground to the body of the vehicle. for the reverse switch i will use the positive that is leading to the reverse bulb?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts