Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried To use my reverse camera this morning and the screen never switched off the map. Tried several times including waiting to see if the switch was just taking a long time. No luck. Tried when I arrived at work (45 minute drive) and it worked no problem. It was below freezing this morning so I'm guessing something failed while cold. Anyone else seen this issue on a limited 2.0T with nav?

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (KSrB2000 @ Dec 22 2010, 10:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382368
Tried To use my reverse camera this morning and the screen never switched off the map. Tried several times including waiting to see if the switch was just taking a long time. No luck. Tried when I arrived at work (45 minute drive) and it worked no problem. It was below freezing this morning so I'm guessing something failed while cold. Anyone else seen this issue on a limited 2.0T with nav?
Haven't experienced the backup camera not engaging, but the weather has not been as cold as you describe. When putting the car in Reverse, I do note a slight delay between 1-2 seconds for the camera to engage on the screen. Have found myself backing up before the camera is engaged, not sure what others are experiencing. It would be helpful if there was less delay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have experienced the same problem with the screen not switching to the back-up camera intermittently on my 2012 Sonata. Sometimes it will just have a delay (sufficient to easily back out of a parking space) before it switches to the back-up camera. The temperatures have been in the 60-75 degree farenheit range. No modifications have been made to the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
it's electrical and difficult to diagnose because it happens infrequently. Typically shutting off the car and restarting will get it to work.

It happens... if it happens all the time, then you have a problem.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mine occasionally did this as well but hasn't in a few months. More than just the normal delay in starting up. It never kicked on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.