Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’m after a bit of advice. I own a 2018 iLoad with barn doors. For some strange reason the barn door optioned model doesn’t come with a reversing camera as a standard option. Knowing what we do about auto manufacturers I doubt there is a different head unit loom for the barn door model as opposed to the standard lift open rear door. I’ve had the head unit out but at a quick glance I can’t see where a camera would plug in. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have spoken to a number of Hyundai dealers who are all at a loss as to why the barn door iLoad doesn’t come with a reverse camera. Also spoke to an aftermarket installer who said that he had lined up to iLoad (barn doors and lift up) and the head unit wiring and loom is exactly the same on both variations. He suspects it may be a programmable feature either in the head unit or ECM
No resolution but hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have spoken to a number of Hyundai dealers who are all at a loss as to why the barn door iLoad doesn’t come with a reverse camera. Also spoke to an aftermarket installer who said that he had lined up two iloads (barn doors and lift up) and the head unit wiring and loom is exactly the same on both variations. He suspects it may be a programmable feature either in the head unit or ECM
No resolution but hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
i also have a 2018 iload, with barn doors, and i've successfully gotten the factory head unit hooked up to a reversing cam.
On the back of the head unit, look to see if there's a cut wire, in mine, this turned out to be the reverse signal.
After re-joining the wire, the head unit displays the reversing lines.
The cut wire was in pin 9 on the plug, and was orange with a black stripe

·
Registered
2 Posts
And i've got a camera hooked up, on the 2018 iload, all the wiring in the dash is already in place for the camera, and the head unit is capable.
Traced the video wires from the head unit, down to a plug on the RHS A pillar, behind the kick panel.
The video wires dont go any further than that.
I snipped the wires off the plug, and hooked my generic backup cam (off ebay), and all works!
interestingly, the video wires seemed to be wrapped in their own loom, inside the cable loom, might make it even easier to identify them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
And i've got a camera hooked up, on the 2018 iload, all the wiring in the dash is already in place for the camera, and the head unit is capable.
Traced the video wires from the head unit, down to a plug on the RHS A pillar, behind the kick panel.
I snipped the wires off the plug, and hooked my generic backup cam (off ebay), and all works!
interestingly, the video wires seemed to be wrapped in their own loom, inside the cable loom, might make it even easier to identify them.

View attachment 454149
View attachment 454151
Can you remember what sort of plug you found. As I trying to do to same I have the screen all wired up got the picture. Just need to found cables and hope its a plug I can hook straight into it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,496 Posts
Can you remember what sort of plug you found.
It's the yellow plug behind the kick trim as shown in the photo. The video wires are the white and green that he cut from that plug...

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 454149
View attachment 454151

1 - 12 of 12 Posts