Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I own a 13 plate i10 1.2 active manual. I have had the car since July and covered just under 1500 miles. Love the car but my only gripe is that when changing gear the engine revs tend to change i.e they rise even when changing up a gear which I find rather strange as with any other car I have owned the revs only rise when changing down a gear. Has anyone else experienced this type of complaint. What's the cure and is it covered under the 5 year triple care warranty? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hytech,

Before I bought my i10, I spent hours browsing the internet for i10 reviews and problems.

As I remember, the rev increase can be cured by the dealer re-programming the ECU. It should very well be covered by the warranty as it is a known fault affecting some cars in certain batches.

All the best,

R.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've noticed this on our I10, it's gone in for it's first service today and I've asked them to do the ECU update so I will let you know if it improves it at all. The dealer initially said that they all did this!

·
Registered
43 Posts
See what happens Pete. The answer that they gave you would annoy me.

How are you finding the rest of the car? I'm just starting to warm to mine and i'm glad I bought it.
It's not the last word in motoring, but it's bloody good for what it cost.

R.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My twelve month old one with 17000 miles under belt has done this from new.

As it came out of the factory like that i assumed it was normal and does not pose me any issues.

I did put the question to Honest John at the Telegraph Motoring.
He said it was normal and called it remissions.

Something to do with the emissions and unburnt fuel.

Having read all the issues some people have had trying to eliminate it i think i shall leave alone.

PS. Will need tyres for mine before to long anyone any views/experiences of Uniroyal Rain Expert and Goodyear Vector All Seasons.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My twelve month old one with 17000 miles under belt has done this from new.

As it came out of the factory like that i assumed it was normal and does not pose me any issues.

I did put the question to Honest John at the Telegraph Motoring.
He said it was normal and called it remissions.

Something to do with the emissions and unburnt fuel.

Having read all the issues some people have had trying to eliminate it i think i shall leave alone.
PS. Will need tyres for mine before to long anyone any views/experiences of Uniroyal Rain Expert and Goodyear Vector All Seasons.

Yes, I did fit the Goodyears 165/65/14 to my auto. from new...Perfectly happy with them. Took the standard ones off and sold them to a fellow forum member. But the Uniroyals also get well reviewed pretty much everywhere too. Try Camskill, Mytyres, Oponeo...etc. I bought mine from the latter and they were fine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In my opinion, the original Kumho tyres fitted to the i10 are pretty good for everyday use,excellent in the snow and give good wear if not subjected to extreme driving.They are easy to source from any independent tyre dealer for around £45 each all in.Good value tyres I reckon.Will certainly be fitting Kumho's again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
See what happens Pete. The answer that they gave you would annoy me.

How are you finding the rest of the car? I'm just starting to warm to mine and i'm glad I bought it.
It's not the last word in motoring, but it's bloody good for what it cost.

R.
Got the car back the other night and the dealer has done the ECU update. I'm very impressed so far, I've only had chance to do 20 miles or so but the car is so much nicer to drive. The revs drop away much quicker now and the throttle seems a bit less sensitive on the initial part of the travel which makes setting off from a standstill and low speed driving much smoother. The dealer also adjusted the clutch which may have also helped.

So far I'm really impressed with the car and now it is even better as you don't have to try so hard to drive it smoothly. The fuel consumption is a bit disappointing with an overall average of just under 43mpg but hopefully that will improve with more miles on the clock , I think the girlfriend is a bit heavy footed also which doesn't help as it is her car!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pete,

Sounds like a good result for you. Your economy figure is quite good compared to some cars.

Did they keep the car in order for the work to be carried out?
I only ask because I thought an ECU update would take a matter of minutes.

All the best,

R.

·
Registered
6 Posts
62 reg Classic

My car goes in for its first annual service and download on 6th November. Im hoping it will cure the revving between gear changes and annoying stalling when doing low speed manoeuvres, and driving in snowy conditions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting to read others experiences. I recently bought my 61 plate i10 Classic with 13,000 miles on the clock and just had its 2 year service (ouch). Only gripes I have are it needs about 2000rpm to pull away or it stalls even with careful clutch control, which can be very irritating, its a hard ride and noisy. But I bought cheap and expected some downside.

·
Registered
544 Posts

Yes, I did fit the Goodyears 165/65/14 to my auto. from new...Perfectly happy with them. Took the standard ones off and sold them to a fellow forum member. But the Uniroyals also get well reviewed pretty much everywhere too. Try Camskill, Mytyres, Oponeo...etc. I bought mine from the latter and they were fine.

Hope stuart found something helpful here...haven't heard back to let us know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My apologies Stan.
Not quite at the stage of needing replacement yet.
I think i will be going for the goodyears like yourself or the uniroyals.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My apologies Stan.
Not quite at the stage of needing replacement yet.
I think i will be going for the goodyears like yourself or the uniroyals.
Thanks. Would think you'd be pleased, depending on what you was hoping to achieve, with either but I went for the Goodyears having got stuck on a slippery, frosty grassed area on the moor and had trouble getting off it. I pledged to do what I could to avoid it happening again so went for a tyre which promised performance in snow and ice (the Goodyears have the symbols appropriate to that spec. whereas the Uni's don't as they're not "All Season" tyres.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My i10 came back from its service a different car , the download has made all the difference. Smoother at slow speeds, revs drop away quickly between gear changes , less easy to stall. I am not constantly trying to keep the car running while reversing . The car seems to have abit more poke too.
The man who collected and delivered my car to me said that it was one of the worst he had driven prior to the download.
I am now a very happy bunny!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Uniroyal Rain Expert.

:):):)
Hope stuart found something helpful here...haven't heard back to let us know.
Thought i would update on recent new tyres fitted. Decided to go with the Uniroyal.
Couple of hundred miles later and well scrubbed in very pleased.
Had some heavy rain recently havent we all and performed very well.

May be my imagination but seem quieter tyres as well.

I was never really impressed with the oem Kumhos.

Incidentally i used Event Tyres mobile fitting. Excellent service and good on price. Nice convenience factor. Come out to your home/place of work/or wherever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts