Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this 10 cent screw that has fallen out cause me to ask the dealer to replace entire lamp? $350

·
Registered
365 Posts
Depends if yours is still under warranty or if they feel compassionate. I fixed on my own with a long stainless steel bolt, rtv silicone and some careful maneuvering. Picture attached below. Here are my steps:

1. Partially detach the bumper assembly.
  2. Disconnect light and remove 3 bolts holding lamp housing.
  3. Maneuver the reflector cover till you can get to the end with screw. Remove screw.
  4. Drill through rear of reflector at same spot as screw was.
  5. Insert bolt through both reflector cover and reflector hole. This takes a lot of patience.
  6. Apply some silicone in back and tighten bolt.
  7. Reassemble
Tada

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for responding and photos
You're welcome and good luck. Whatever you do, don't try to heat it up in hopes of melting the sealant and separating the lens from the housing. Let's just say the bolt became plan B...

It was definitely a manufacturing defect as only one lamp had the glob of some pink glue which obviously didn't hold up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Such a stupid idea to use a screw that only those brave enough are willing to tackle wish they’d do a recall minebSanta Fe Sport 2013 80k mi

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, I followed instructions online for removal of the front bumper of my 2013 Santa Fe Sport and it was not too bad. It took some patience and my Dremel tool to re-installed the the fog light reflector. I spent about 1 1/2 hours total taking care at every step + cleaning up everything.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks better than what came out of the factory that screwed (pun intended) all of these up. Nice job!

Makes you wonder what style/model the top hole is for since that one goes all the way through to the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts