Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the only way to set the ODO at the dealership? My LCD screen has been pretty dead for a long time and I got a replacement but need to set ODO to correct mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the only way to set the ODO at the dealership? My LCD screen has been pretty dead for a long time and I got a replacement but need to set ODO to correct mileage.
I found a much cheaper and easier way to deal with the dead LCD screen issue. If you open up the instrument cluster, you'll find that display is held in place by a couple of clips. You can actually use a couple of small plastic pry bars to release them and gently lift the display out of the cluster.

The display plugs in with a bunch of long rigid wires that line its perimeter. Simply remove the dead display from your original cluster and carefully thread the wires of the new display into the now empty socket. You then have to very gently and evenly press it down till the clips engage.

And there you have it: your original cluster with a new, working LCD display. No need to pay to have it programmed.

Just practice removing and inserting the dead LCD till you get the hang of it. And again, be gentle when pressing it in. You can easily bend the wires if you try to Conan it down.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts