Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased a 2017 Santa Fe Sport Ultimate and we love the car. For some odd reason the car has Android auto installed but not Carplay.

I know the software update can be downloaded from MyHundai but they are saying I have to wait until the car registration arrives before they can register me as the owner on their portal (which could be up to 30 days). I have the bill of sale obviously, but they won't accept that alone.

Can anyone here with the same car download the update package and send it over to me? We are going on a trip and I would love to get this installed before that. We would be eternally grateful.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got the file from a kind forum member and it worked! Can confirm that it’s not VIN specific.

If anyone needs it just PM me, it’s only 1.5mb (the file is an installer than downloads the update directly to your memory card).

CarPlay is great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in the exact same position with a used 2017 Santa Fe sport I just purchased. Could someone please send me the installer file?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks so much to Hari but my Santa Fe is the touchscreen without navigation. Does anyone happen to have the update for that version?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help - 2017 Santa Fe Sport Apple Carplay

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2017 Santa Fe sport, but to my dismay it has android auto installed. I desperately have looked for the apple car play install file, but have been without a hope for prayer and finding it. Hyundai is no help whatsoever. From the looks of this forum, It appears that some of you guys might actually have the install file. I’m hoping that one of you will have mercy on me and send me a link where I can download it and convert my car over. I would be eternally grateful and name all my future children after that person. You can send the link to saxonater at yahoo dot com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apple Carplay software request

Looking for the Apple Carplay software. Can't find it and don't want to take it in just for this one thing. Would be grateful. Please email at zachs60 (at) c o x (dot) net.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found the file on my HD. it is difficult to upload to most file providers since they flag any .exe files. If you created a shared google drive and PM me a link, I will drop the file in there for you.

It is for 2017 Santa Fe Sport with Navigation and Tech package. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS AN EXACT MATCH BEFORE UPGRADING. I take no responsibility if this bricks your system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just bought a 2017 Santa Fe Sport last night and I can't find the download area. I see the OP stated he was told he had to wait 30 days for Hyundai to get his registration, but I've already created an account online, shows our VIN, and I've started and activated the 3-month Blue Link trial already. I've found two links on Hyundai's own website (https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/2176 & https://www.hyundaiusa.com/myhyundaicontent/Data/teamsite/doc/downloads/howTo_download_AVN.pdf) which talk about logging in and downloading it for free. Before purchasing I saw something that stated you needed to buy the updates, but the dealer said that was only for the map updates (our SF Sport doesn't have navigation, but it does have CarPlay and AA), the software updates were free downloads. My MIL has the same exact vehicle and I noticed that she has AA but not CarPlay (she has an iPhone of course), so she definitely needs the update to enable Apple CarPlay.

Not sure about MIL's version, but ours is software version AN.USA.0000.V073.160416 / firmware: AN.USA.213.160405.MICOM.D.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone still have the file (Windows PC not MAC) available to re-share? I just bought a 2017 Santa Fe SE and I need to update to CarPlay for a roadtrip. It's for the touchscreen WITHOUT nav, so I need to be able to update via USB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got the file from a kind forum member and it worked! Can confirm that it’s not VIN specific.

If anyone needs it just PM me, it’s only 1.5mb (the file is an installer than downloads the update directly to your memory card).

CarPlay is great!
I too find the carplay important because the nav sys in the car is not ready for prime time. So I use Waze instead. Works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone ever get a copy of the Download file? If so can they PLEASE share the link with me. I would very much appreciate it. Thank you. enderwiggins23 at yahoo.com

1 - 20 of 29 Posts