Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Kandid, you know what, I'm also starting to think that I might need to replace the Veracruz horn. It's just too polite and definitely not loud enough. Horns here are very handy to maintain your safety on the road as too many "kings of the road" (busses, taxi cabs, jeepneys) cutting your lane here and there.

So... maybe a Hella Super Tone or Sharp Tone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the Veracruz stock horn replaced with a Hella Sharp Tone. Kudos to Vic of VSV Motors.

The stock horn is not "wimpy" at all. Part of the reason why it may have sounded soft and "polite" is due to its rather odd location - it is hidden under the front headlights and practically concealed inside the bumpers. That's why it was quite difficult to replace; you have to remove so many things in front of the car (bumper, headlights, etc.) just to gain access to the stock horn. Pls. see below pix.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, you actually did that? Props to you. But having done it and given what you know now, would you just mount a set somewhere else and just cut the wires to the old horns, install connectors and have done with it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, you actually did that? Props to you. But having done it and given what you know now, would you just mount a set somewhere else and just cut the wires to the old horns, install connectors and have done with it?
Yes, I would suggest that you relocate the replacement horns somewhere in front of the radiator so it would sound more upfront/louder (you will need new mounting brackets). I am not sure how easy the access to the horns' wirings are. I am guessing it might be quite difficult given the fact that the stock horns are hidden.

I had my horns replaced by a mechanic while I was in my office, and they didn't tell me how difficult it was to replace the horns. They just went on and put the new horns in the same location and only told me to get the car after they were done with it. They did take pictures though :smile:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts