Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I just purchased a 2018 limited Sonata last week and I'm really fond of the LED map lights. However, the dome and vanity lights are standard halogen. I've tried prying the vanity light out but no luck (I'm afraid of breaking it) Searching for DIY and even bulb numbers themselves for the 2018 has turned up empty.

So, I'm assuming the bulb numbers are the same?

Has anyone successfully replaced the vanity lights in their 2018?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used a trim panel tool set I purchased to take the whole bezel comes out. For me the side that is closest to the center console (inside) has a plastic clip that needs to be pushed in, then pried down, then work the opposite side (outer) and gently pull down. I ordered 31MM festoon bulbs for mine, and they fit, but I think a 28MM would have worked better. Once out, just pull the bulb loose, and re-install the new bulb and push the bezel back into the roof panel. They are nice and bright, I changed the map lights and rear roof lights. Also changed the license plate lights, and backup lights to led. Mine is an SEL, so regular halo's. Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
398 Posts
... I changed the map lights and rear roof lights...
You're lucky on the SEL's map lights. Standard festoon LED, inexpensive. His LIMITED map light bulbs (p/n 92879-A4000) are $68.00 apiece.

Oh, don't forget the trunk lamp (and glovebox, if equipped); needs LED also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm getting some 28mm festoon's myself. Just ordered them today. There's also a nice tool kit for trim panels on amazon that I bought last year...I'll try to post an image when I get home. I remember it cost me less than 20 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts