Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon/evening, fellow VC owners. I come to you again in hopes of getting some insight on replacing the rear subwoofer speaker on my wife's 07 VC. 8 speaker system. It just started crackling during our trip for Thanksgiving Holiday. I searched for any info before posting this here.

I look at the common "Veracruz parts fiche diagrams, but as always, they are less than helpful with this.

Has anyone changed their oem sub with a different brand? If so, could someone please tell me how to remove the dang thing so I can match it up? I really don't want to start pulling and tugging and break something and leave more to have to replace.. I work on Cranes and heavy equipment, so I have a habit of having a heavy hand, LOL

Thanks in advance for any help.

Waylon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm.. so what I am gathering, is that out of all the Veracruz's out there, and on this forum, I am the ONLY one that has had a blown Subwoofer in the rear of the vehicle... and nobody has ever had to change it.. that's good news.. I will get mine fixed.. (other than the $500 dealer replacement) and post back..

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i have no issue with mine. good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well.. in case anyone else has this issue, and need to know what size the speaker it is... it is a 7", dual voice coil Infinity Subwoofer.. aftermarket speakers are all but non existent.. BUT, thankfully Ebay had one used..

thanks everyone (all 1 of you) that replied.. Hope this helps someone else...

BW

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! Just checking your post as I just had the same issue. Did you have replaced yours with a used one? How can I remove it?

Thx in advance...

Luke

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon/evening, fellow VC owners. I come to you again in hopes of getting some insight on replacing the rear subwoofer speaker on my wife's 07 VC. 8 speaker system. It just started crackling during our trip for Thanksgiving Holiday. I searched for any info before posting this here.

I look at the common "Veracruz parts fiche diagrams, but as always, they are less than helpful with this.

Has anyone changed their oem sub with a different brand? If so, could someone please tell me how to remove the dang thing so I can match it up? I really don't want to start pulling and tugging and break something and leave more to have to replace.. I work on Cranes and heavy equipment, so I have a habit of having a heavy hand, LOL

Thanks in advance for any help.

Waylon
I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts