Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know how to replace the bulb behind the rehostat control wheel for dimming the interior lights/dash light. Will the edge around the control wheel come off or is it a case of taking off the whole centre panal of the dash?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I have had to do this following a whole dash removal after a heater matrix replacement, suggest you remove the whole centre consule unit (wood effect bit), this lets you see the switches. these can then be popped out of the cosole.
The centre console wood effect bit is held in by about 9 poppers around its edges, i took the astray out to do mine to help get a grip of it. use a plastic spatula to easy it out of the poppers holding it into the main surronding dash without doing damage. you have to be a bit brave to get it going at first, start at top edge and work down both sides.

The bulbs are hard wired LED type bulbs with a little colured green sleeve over them, which easily pulls off and gets lost so take care. This is all on a wee circuit board which you have to release from the switch facia that you see when it is in place in the dash.

My bulb was not gone, just a dry joint/crack in the solder on the circuit board. if this is the case you need to get a instrument soldering iron and redo the joint.

I tested lighting function by leaving the switch partially fitted to centre console unit but not pushed fully home so if it was not fixed it could easily be pulled out on its own.

The switches can be popped out on there own without taking the centre dash console out but i cannot remember how so best to do it as above, then you will see how they clip in

Regards Gidboy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts